This is driving me insane trying to find it. Please help.
This movie is modern (Post 2000) (Probably post 2005).
This is the plot as best as I remember.
- Woman gets into accident and is taken to the hospital by her boyfriend(or fiancee), her condition is critical and there is nothing that the hospital can do.
- A company is doing a program where they are trying to put a human consciousness into a robot body, they see her has the ideal candidate.
- Company approaches boyfriend and offers the ‘experimental treatment’
- Company takes woman’s body and experiments on her for a long time. (I think the boyfriend is told that she is in a coma/ cannot see her so he doesn’t cause too much trouble.
- The experiments show the robot to have memory fragments of the woman’s life, but she/it is not all together yet.
- Scientist tries to get the robot to learn piano, but it is going very slowly.
- Scientist brings boyfriend in to trigger the robots memories.
- Boyfriend is horrified, trigger doesn’t work. She doesn’t remember him
- Boyfriend demands the experiment to stop / let her rest in peace.
- Meanwhile some great (electrical/emotional memory) trigger event happens with the robot and she remembers it all.
- Soon she plays the piano really well.
- Company wants to present their success to the world.
- African American reporter interviews the robot woman, on AI/robot rights.
- Meanwhile boyfriend tries to sue the company / or cause trouble for the company. He is persuaded by politicians that the company is faking, that his lover is dead and the company is ruining her memory.
- Boyfriend meets robot at the company lab. She is wearing a (red dress). She kisses him to prove that she is real. He is very emotional but is still not convinced. He shoots her and then shoots himself.
- I think later it is revealed that he dies, but she is brought back.
If anyone can help me find this it will be greatly appreciated. I am having a real Mandela effect moment here, not being able to find this movie anywhere.