It’s the kind of thing that almost feels like you dreamt it, but I’m sure it was real…
I caught the back half of it twice, about a year apart, when it aired in the middle of the night on the Space channel in Canada in the late 90’s or early aughts…
Here’s what I know:
- It was in color and live action. (I don’t remember if it was in English or not; maybe it wasn’t and that’s why I haven’t been able to find it? idk)
- It looked like it was made in the 1970s or 1980s?
- It had a b-movie/exploitation feel, cinematographically reminded me a bit of a shittier version of Return of the Living Dead maybe
- I think the main characters were an adult man who is or was a clown at one point, and a like ten year old girl he befriends or something?
- Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m not sure the guy actually has any spoken lines, he might be mute? Or a mime? idfk…
- In at least the second half of the movie, they’re holed up in a huge old mansion, like, Scooby-Doo level trope mansion
- They had a little box that was like a remote control for dead corpses. (!!) I think it was maybe the size of a block of butter, and had like maybe a half dozen buttons on it or something similar that was way too simple to be able to control a body but that’s what the prop was anyway 😆
- I think at first they used it to have a butler or something along those lines; I vaguely remember someone old in a suit clomping around awkwardly, and the little girl laughing at it like that was normal and cute, and the guy seeming to be like yeah I’m successfully amusing this child, wtf
- Ten a gang of bikers or something attack the mansion at night, and I think they use remote control corpses for defense?
- I think they have a truce with the bikers by the end maybe?
- but I think the little girl dies or something?
- I’m pretty sure the last shot is the guy seemingly out in a normal, daytime scenario, done up as a clown, standing on a ladder or stilts maybe, and it zooms in and he’s crying? Or maybe zooms out in tableau?
Does anyone have ANY CLUE WHAT THE HELL I’M TALKING ABOUT?!
I would have thought its title probably had Clown in it, but I can’t find anything on IMDb or anywhere that even suggests anything like this insane movie ever existed.
I would have dismissed it as a late night hallucination or recurring dream or something, but that’s the same way I felt about the Hilarious House of Frightenstein and that turned out to have been real, so like… Help me internet movie folks, you’re my only hope