I’m trying to find the name of a film I saw as a kid. I remember the following points from the film.
- 12-14 year-old boy lives on a farm with his mother and older brother.
- He is best friends with a native american boy whose mother works on the farm.
- The protagonist is rebellious and in a scene recklessly drives a wagon (for some reason) around. His friend does gets in the way to save him and is killed.
- Feeling guilty, the main character runs from home and ends up captured by a native american tribe.
- They often call him ‘crier’ and he can speak some of their language because his friend taught him.
- At the end of the movie he finds his way back home a few years later when he’s around 17-19.
- His older brother at first threatens hims, but soon recognises him.
- When the main character is older, around 30, he returns to the tribe to visit the grave of an old woman who took care of him.