I recall a 70’s to possibly early 80’s drama/suspense movie and thought with Dustin Hoffman but don’t think it was him. The guy must have just looked like him. Scenes I recall may not be in order, some may be mix up with other movies. Maybe somebody can make it out. I was under 10 yrs. old and it really got me upset but I could not stop watching and felt bad for the guy, and girl. Scenes:
1. They were in a big 2 story house, maybe greenish wallpaper, think it was on a busy street or may have been on it’s own property, farm?
2. Think there were cops outside trying to save a woman being held hostage. He kept looking out the window. She was very scared of him, crying maybe. Possible brunette and wavy, I’m picturing that actress but I don’t know her name or what movies she was in. Brown eyes, early 40’s maybe? Could be very wrong, she may have had long brown hair and early 20’s. I keep picturing a white sweater/blouse maybe she had on.
3. I think at one point they let a snake in to try and get him to open the door.
4. I picture him running around the house, possibly screaming mad words. He was very strange and upset like something or someone drive him to this madness. Maybe she was going to leave him or she didn’t know him, therefore didn’t like him.
5. I think there was a preacher with the cops trying to calm him down.
6. Think he had blocked doorways with furniture and nailed windows.
Thanks for reading, sorry so long. Hoping to find soon. Please help me.